1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

My grandfather!

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by kindle123, Aug 1, 2018.

1. kindle123

kindle123 Peer Supporter

Just 2 days ago my grandfather passed away at the age of 88years. I didn’t know him much, the time I spent with him as a child have very few memories of that. Recently while talking to my father about him I asked him a little more about my grandpa and he said he was a really hardworking man (in my head I was like sure) so I ask him tell me more about his hard work. Well my dad says for starters he used to bike to work every day (grandpa used to work for a bank in India) and he used to bike 8.2 miles to get to work!!!! So that’s a 16.4 miles everyday??!!! Dad told me how that was a norm in olden days and how my grandfather lived in a village and his work was in a close by city. So my next question, did he get a car then? No said my dad he did this for straight 40 years till he retired
    I was just amazed by my grandfathers story being recently diagnosed with pudendal neuralgia and hearing how bikers are known to get it (I don’t even know how to ride a bike) makes me wonder how my grandfather did this for 40years and never ever complained of any sort of pain ever. Well if anything I remember about him he was a very happy and content man.

Lizzy, Dorado and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Your grandfather sounds like he was a wonderful man, and a true testament to happiness and how it can connect to good health over time. Thank you for sharing!

3. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

You're fortunate to be related to such an incredible man :)

Dorado likes this.