1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Nervous Trembling

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Madder, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Madder

Madder New Member

I've just finished the book unlearn your pain by Dr Schubiner. My plan now is to go back to the 'week 1' chapter and to start doing the exercises and the mediations etc.
    I have noticed already that the pain seems to be moving, not much, but slightly.
    I have also noticed a nervous trembling developing. Not a huge tremble but noticable to me, myself. In my arms and hands in particular.
    Is this a normal reaction? Does anyone else have any history of this happening and can you offer me any advice as to how long this might go on for?
    Thanks

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Moving symptoms is actually a good sign, and is quite typical. Dr. Sarno called it extinction bursts. I had those for at least 18 months after I read his book. It means that your brain is responding to you trying to re-wire it.

Baseball65 and Madder like this.
  3. Madder

Madder New Member

What about the trembling? I guess that since it is neural pathways and nerves are involved, that it could be these being stimulated to change. That is what I am holding on to, but it is a symptom I don't enjoy!

4. TG957

I don't know exactly what "trembling" means. I suspect that it is some form of neuropathy. I had some serious neuropathy which was extremely unpleasant, but it all went away.

Madder likes this.
  5. Madder

Madder New Member

I just mean that I am shaking a little. Very slightly and seemingly not noticable to anyone yet only myself. And in typical TMS fashion, I don't start the day that way. It seems to come on as the day unfolds.

6. TG957

Response to being tired or stressed during the day? Don't want to catastrophize on your behalf, but may be it is worth it to check for the markers of Parkinson's. Parkinson's is being debated to possibly be TMS, but not conclusively.

Madder likes this.
  7. Madder

Madder New Member

Parkinsons or MS would be things that I would have in my head because I often get tingling in my legs too. But this slight shaking is something very new that has only just happened after starting the work with the book, so I think it is TMS for sure. But I would feel more comfortable if someone could relate to this and say that they've had something similar! It would be one hell of a coincidence if it started showing symptoms as soon as I am starting the exercises in te book, you know. :)

8. TG957

You should run search on the forum to see if you find other posts on shaking, twitching etc. I believe I have seen some. The rule of thumb is that the more bizarre are your symptoms, the more likely it is TMS.

Madder likes this.
  9. Madder

Madder New Member

Thank you for your help. Thankfully Dr Schubiner makes himself available for questions like these too, so I have emailed him and it will be interesting to see what he thinks on this matter. :)

TG957 likes this.
  10. NCGal

NCGal New Member

Just to let you know, I emailed Dr. Schubiner very recently as I had a question before beginning week 1 of his book. It took around 11, 12 days for him to reply which I expected. With the conference this week it may take longer. He was very helpful as I expected too!

Edit: @TG957 YOU helped me too!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    TG957 and Madder like this.
  11. TG957

Thank you!

12. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

what’s the latest with your trembling symptoms?

13. Madder

Madder New Member

The have passed. I'm back to the previous burning pains. I just can't seem to get the better of them. I'm not giving up though. :)
    I'm sure it was just TMS. Are you experiencing this?

14. David88

David88 Well known member

TMS often tries different symptoms to keep the brain occupied. Trembling could certainly be emotional. Maybe it's excitement or anxiety about beginning to look at repressed feelings.

Madder likes this.
  15. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

it’s true~ TMS moves all around the body is usually unpredictable ways…

Madder likes this.