1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New blog on Understanding TMS and Why We Suffer

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Nicole J. Sachs LCSW, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Nicole J. Sachs LCSW

Nicole J. Sachs LCSW Therapist and TMS Author

Brant, Mac07 and donavanf like this.
  2. brendan537

brendan537 Peer Supporter

I just read the post on your blog " You want a miracle I'll give you one". I was in tears reading that thank you so much Nicole. You are an angel on earth. How gifted she was to be able to see you and how kind of you to fit her into your schedule.

3. donavanf

donavanf Well known member

Nicole, I have been having a terrible flare-up with my TMS this week after deciding on some very exciting but SCARY goals for my photography business. I am seeing how much pressure I put on myself, which is a big trigger for me. I'm so grateful I found your work, thank you for sharing it. I'm going to go back to my journaling, and bring my feelings to the light of day, and I'm also going to watch your YouTube vids. Thank you so much for being here.

breakfree likes this.
  4. donavanf

donavanf Well known member

Just watched the videos, and I am going to do the journaling work, I am floored and inspired. RESISTANCE and GOODISM combined with OCD are my personality traits. They inform my existence and are my straightjacket. I'm going to get out of it, by bringing that beach ball to the surface and I'm sitting on a big one!

You said something in your comments on video 4, that blew my mind. You said:

"This epidemic of courtesy in which we don't speak our truths because it's frightening and societally unacceptable, is making us ill in an epic fashion. I look forward to being a voice in the effort of helping people to understand that there is a way to be free of pain, and have your entire life available to you as you've never imagined."

I am astounded by the truth of the statement, "Epidemic Of Courtesy", I hope you speak more on that! Wow. THAT is powerful. As a goodist, especially, that pierces through me like a sword of light. In the best way. Thank you again for your work. I will continue to follow it and your book is already in my amazon basket. :)

5. Nicole J. Sachs LCSW

Thank you for that reflection! It's rare that I'm quoted back to myself. I don't sound half bad. Haha.

To be honest, I live this everyday, so sometimes I don't even realize what I say because it's like breathing to me. I'm so glad it resonated with you.

Yes! Stick with the journaling and refuse to be polite! This is your chance to reclaim your life. Xoxoxoxoxo n.

donavanf likes this.
  6. Mac07

Mac07 New Member

Thanks Nicole for being a badass advocate of TMS and not afraid to go to the depths and tell the tales that mot of us have a hard time tapping into! You are a real inspiration and I truly believe that you sincere and genuine in expressing your wish and desire for everyone to grasp the notion that we can overcome our fears and come to terms with TMS and all that it has to teach us; allowing ground for deep introspection and renowned self-discovery. Today I had a bit of a melt-down after finishing the SEP program and I guess I was overcome by all of the hard work I put into finally finishing & seeing something worthwhile through to the end! A lot of emotion surfaced and at first I fought it, then I just let it run its course and as a result, I feel a sense of relief and calm although the tears were intense as were the emotions. I know that this journey is on-going...but it's truly remarkable to know that you and a renowned group of others are here on the Forum to encourage,inspire and show that it can be done!!

Much Gratitude & Appreciation for your :happy:Presence

Brant and Nicole J. Sachs LCSW like this.
  7. Nicole J. Sachs LCSW

Wow! Thank you so much. You made my day. ❤️