1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

new tms pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Jan 6, 2018.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

so about a year ago i tried various doctors for my herniated lumbar disc which i was depressed about and thinking about constantly. after reading sarnos and steve o book i went back to the gym and enjoyed my workouts. heres the thing, ive been doing full body workouts 2-3 days a week but ever since i came back i developed an eating disorder and i find myself constantly worrying and thinking about food o and tracking calories which puts my anxiety thro the roof. i didnt have any sleep due to anxiety and stress about counting calories and making progress in the gym. so lately i havw been having shoulder pain from exercising and doing stuff that has never caused me pain before EVEN when i was lifting heavier. stuff like planks, bench press abs suff and tricep work hurts my right shoulder. sometimes i feel it in the moment, sometimes the day after or sometimes hours after. while workout out? nah. i sometimes feel my entire right arm tingling. i believe 100% in tms. i do not want to stretch just to relieve or heal the pain. but i think it might be my eating disorder causing this. this anxiety led me to feeling sick 3 times in less than 3 months also. i truly dont know if its a rotator cuff and also i cannot sleep well on that side

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Stevow, are you doing either of the programs that are offered here? There's the Structured Educational Program (42 days, each with an article or video, and usually a writing exercise and/or a "question to ponder") and there's Alan Gordon's Pain Recovery Program here on the forum. Both are free! The SEP was created by Forest and other early volunteers, and Alan very generously donated his program to the members here at tmswiki.org.

stevow7 likes this.
  3. stevow7

not really but i will. still i wanted to see what you guys think about this situation.

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I think that if you want to address your pain and anxiety issues as TMS, you need to do the emotional work. Right now you're just all over the place and you are unfocused. This is exactly where your fearful primitive brain wants you to be, so that it can continue to keep you fearful.

stevow7 likes this.
  5. stevow7

thank you so much!