1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

New to the forum, need to share my story.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by NastyPaz, Nov 11, 2022.

1. NastyPaz

NastyPaz Newcomer

[MODERATOR EDIT: The content is being removed at OP's request. Once a response has been received, forum policy is that the thread can not be deleted - and this post received an EXCELLENT response from one of our long-time forum luminaries, and is definitely worth keeping.]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2022
  2. NastyPaz

NastyPaz Newcomer

[Second post also removed at OP's request.]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2022
  3. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi. It sounds like you know that your symptoms are TMS, which is the best frame of mind you can be in.
    Probably 89 percent of people on this forum went through our times of doubt that our symptoms are TMS and Sarno is wrong. It's not an unusual doubt.

I don't have long advice, but I will ask you this: You're a young guy. 34 is young. Many of us on this forum wish that we had known about TMS while still young. Right now, make different choices. Decide that you're young and ready to enjoy life and stop ruminating on the past and what went wrong.
    Head into your job interview with a new outlook of letting life make a 180 degree turn for you.

As long as you keep writing out your story or telling your story you are cementing it into your consciousness. So your subconscious starts to look for more bad stuff.

Make two small changes this week for the positive. Only two. Please don't waste more of your young life by regretting the past or feeling stuck. You aren't stuck. You are a single young, English-speaking, man who has opportunity right before you. Take it.

Ellen and JanAtheCPA like this.
  4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Always good to see you, Marcia - I saw the orginal post, and I think your answer is spot on.

~Jan

MWsunin12 likes this.