1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

No More Repressed Emotions But Still Not Improving!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by juderocketqueen, Sep 16, 2016.

1. juderocketqueen

juderocketqueen New Member

A quandary. I really feel I have few repressed emotions left! I have been working on this stuff for years and years and continue with this ‘digging’, plus journaling current stressors. Yet still I have pain. Neither is it moving around since I started the SEP.

I am really quite stumped.

I do believe in TMS but I'm still not convinced CFS is always a 100% a TMS equivalent. I believe that we just do not know enough about CFS yet. There's new discoveries being made all time, especially about the mitochondria.

Interestingly in Dr Sarno, in the mindbody prescription, states that CBT and graded exercise therapy, instigated by London universities, is the key. All ME/CFS patients know that graded exercise therapy makes it worse not better. happily the original data has now been released to the public for the first time and it has now been rubbished. It's revealed that CBT and graded exercise therapy have been no more than placebos and in many cases have made people worse. It's an absolute farce and a big scandal over here in the UK.

I do know set my current muscle relapse began with overuse when moving home. I did have symptoms of acute injury: swelling, bruising, redness, lactic acid build up but this was nearly three months ago. I'm improving a little with pacing but not much. I really am at a loss.

I may buy the book about treating fibromyalgia via the mind body way. I am on day 22 of the SEP and I will continue.

I mentioned in a previous thread that the immune system modifying drug rituximab is having a 66% success rate with those treated with it in Norway. Someone here suggested that 66% was not a very high success rate. Well, when you're going from 0% to 66% I think that is a pretty good success rate! Also it does not seem to be a placebo. The person first treated with rituximab was treated with it for cancer. She and her doctors realised that her CFS symptoms disappeared while she was on the drug - it was complete coincidence. I'm wondering if CFS is going to turn out to be like an autoimmune disease whereby psychological factors do cause onset and the continuation of the symptoms but there are physical factors present also.

I am not dissing TMS at all - I just don’t feel to be making much progress. Admittedly, I have been ill for over 25 years. I have just read the thread about Not Getting Better. That may be useful for me!

plum likes this.
  2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Sweetheart,

I'm writing something that may help you make sense of where you are and how a broader healing paradigm will help. Classic TMS is great as far as it goes but it is far from the whole story. Meantime enjoy the sunshine. I heard we're forecast storms which delights me as it's my favourite weather but I appreciate most Brits don't like the rain so much.

Plum x

3. juderocketqueen

Thank you, Plum. What an angel!

plum likes this.
  4. juderocketqueen

Ps. Love the storms!

plum likes this.
  5. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

They stir Celtic blood like nothing else. I like to stand on my balcony and roar with the thunder.

juderocketqueen likes this.
  6. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

What would you be doing if you weren't "ill"?

7. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Love that TT

8. juderocketqueen

I'd be working full or part time, I'd be travelling, I'd be living a much fuller life. I'd walk, run, dance.

TG957 likes this.