1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

OCD and Befriending Nervous System Resources

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by gray118, Nov 15, 2022.

1. gray118

gray118 New Member

Hey!
    I am looking for some resources about OCD, mostly obsessive thinking, and itsrelationship to chronic pain. I am also interested in any books etc. on befriending your nervous system. Thanks in advance!

Baseball65 likes this.
  2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Chronic pain is , as I like to call it, "OCD of the Body"...

Think about it... just like the recurring intrusive thoughts and rituals we go through with OCD, we keep 'checking and re-checking' our symptoms..."Does my hip still hurt? What if I go this way? Oh wait! Now it's moved...maybe there really is something catastrophic going on here" "Maybe I really am screwed...maybe God does hate me, because I am a bad, dirty person"

I have recovered from OCD. I used 'stop therapy' and it was effective for me. You can search it on the threads, we have discussed it before.

Sarno addresses this in the text of Healing Back Pain... not the correlation, but TMS serving a similar function...and they are pretty synonymous. ..and they are both totally beatable.

4. Sita

Sita Well known member

5. Ermintrude

Ermintrude Newcomer