1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

On anxiety

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by TG957, May 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

When you are anxious, you are living in the future. When you are depressed, you are living in the past. When you are at peace, you are living in the present. - Lao Tzu

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

And when I am anxious, what is it I am avoiding feeling? This is a helpful contemplation for me lately.

TG957 likes this.
  3. TG957

Andy, this is a very good question. I believe that anxiety and fear are tightly connected in the brain. Anxiety feeds fear, fear feeds anxiety. By being anxious, we try to divert ourselves from the immediate events in our life that we are scared to face.

4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I agree totally with your statement TG

TG957 likes this.
  5. TG957

Hope you are doing better, my friend!

6. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Thx Tg

I had to start taking some Tramadol so I can get my pain levels down to baseline ...I started to change my mindset and practicing indifference when my pain is bad ..

7. TG957

Sometimes you need to take a step back before you take a step forward.