1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Osteoarthritis and Stiffness

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by marye, Mar 16, 2016.

1. marye

marye New Member

I'm currently working Dr. Sarno's program for sciatica and leg pain. I have severe osteoarthritis (degenerative disc disease) in my spine, and in spite of my physician's dramatic reactions to the severity of stenosis, etc., I believe it is TMS and I believe I'll be be pain free in the future. My question is this; does this "prescription" or program, work for the stiffness of arthritis as well as the pain?

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi Marye,

Both conditions are normal part of structural aging. They found osteoarthritis and degeneration tin my back too. I recovered from all of that and sciatica in both legs.

You can read story of Allan Massison who at age 70 had the same conditions, was scheduled for two operations, and recovered rapidly on my website below.

So nothing to worry about. Keep working Dr. Sarno's program and you will be fine.

3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hang in there Marye. I too received the "degenerative disc disease" diagnosis over 30 years ago. Today I routinely do flip turns when I swim laps in the pool.
    I'm always amazed at the number of conditions that are manifestations of TMS.
    Keep on working the program. You're on the right track!

marye likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Fred, I'm going to buy your book to learn more about back and neck pain healing, to help others because I have healed.

5. marye

marye New Member

6. marye

marye New Member

Thanks for your encouragement.

7. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

YES! Use it or lose it. Just D0 It!

8. FredAmir

Thanks Walt. Nothing like helping someone else beat TMS.

9. catfish baby

catfish baby New Member

Hi Fred. I have a bone oedema in L4 2.0 x 2.5 x 2.0 cm with end plate involvement - erosive osteochondrosis . L5 root irritation. Pain. What do I do now. Modic changes are not mentioned in Sarno's books. Either I believe my pain comes from this - or I say" F*** it, I'll go running today". Thanks for any reply. Either ditch this reason as causing my pain belief - or not. Nothing inbetween. That's what Dr. Sarno said.

10. catfish baby

catfish baby New Member

is this TMS. Can I ignore the oedema and run?

11. FredAmir

Hey Catfish,

Just saw you post. Why don’t you start slow and progress to where you want to be, instead of suddenly going all out and scaring yourself, as I explain in my book and videos.

begin with sitting longer, bending more, walking more, and so on depending on your level of pain and discomfort. As you do more daily, you build your confidence in your body and TMS as your diagnosis and crush your doubts.

Take a look at my interview with Dr. Dan Ratner. Hope it helps.

BloodMoon likes this.