1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

overcomplicating tms

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by gx92, May 14, 2022.

1. gx92

gx92 Peer Supporter

Hi, i think i am a bit lost in this whole emotional thing. Because of my perfectional personality I am worried if i dont understand this whole tms process correctly, ill never heal. So we have an inner child which wants to be heard through the symptoms, so an inner conflict of what i really want. An those personality trades like perfectionism create a lot of anger in the child and therefore symptoms? And also all emotions that i feel like fear , anger, guilt shame etc create also alot of inner rage in the child? But also if i repress those emotions i also get symptoms? I read to many books and now i am more confused then before, if you know what i mean

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

You understand just fine. You can't "know too much" about , though the awareness that it is going on without your permission might be a rage maker too....

It's actually a very simple theory. Most correct things are, Like E=mc2. E=mc2 replaced pages full of complicated formula's.

You unconscious is generating rage. To protect you from feeling it, your autonomic nervous system creates a symptom.

Understanding what is going on eliminates the need for the system and it goes away.

3. gx92

gx92 Peer Supporter

yea i am also creating a really complicated formular of this in my head. But its indeed a simple theory

4. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

You don't have fully understand what causes TMS. Alan Gordan says you only need to -
    1. Teach your brain that the pain is not dangerous

2. Teach your brain that the psychological stressors that it learned to fear (anger, sadness, confrontation, intimacy, etc.) are not actually dangerous.

gx92 likes this.
  5. gx92

gx92 Peer Supporter

Im working through the pain recovery Programm from alan now. Seems like i am sending danger singnals 24/7

Cap'n Spanky likes this.