1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 14 Pain moves around

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by OtterMan, Nov 19, 2012.

1. OtterMan

OtterMan Peer Supporter

I get so down on myself lately. I am thinking psychologically and I had a very sad, tear filled last week. And now it seems I am tense again and then the negative thoughts come back. I keep thinking why hasn't the pain gone away, which means I still have to do work and shirt to thinking emotionally. I feel defeated and alone in all of this. Do things get better?

2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

It is a process that can take a while, even though it will get better if you keep working on TMS. You're definitely not alone--we are all here with you! But I know that feeling, pain can create the feeling of isolation.

3. Stella

Stella Well known member

I have been on that roller coaster too. Pain is very discouraging. I continue to feel slight relief in pain then some comes back then slight relief again then some comes back. It is tied in with my thoughts. But now I am more aware then ever before. You are too. We been practicing the old thought patterns for years and years. Changing to the new takes time and a lot of work. We can do it.