1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 pain moves on same side

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Katy, May 28, 2014.

1. Katy

Katy New Member

This is my first post. I have such a long story of issues as I am 62 and I know it all began before age 12. I have had about every issue on the list. I read Dr. Sarno's "Healing back pain" and saw myself on every page. I was having severe lower back pain. My orthopedist said there was no reason he could see for it.

I have worked through slowly to day 10. My back pain is totally gone. It has been working its way down my left leg, as hip pain that is now gone. Then to thigh pain, which is also gone. Now I have pain and stiffness behind my left knee. I went on vacation to a place with tons of bike riding trails and that is when the pain began. I did ride a lot, but nothing that should have caused this. It has been bothering me for about a week. I don't feel I can go to the doc with every new pain, as there are so many. How do you convince yourself that this is just tms tricking you? I totally believe in mindbody issues.

I went through extensive therapy about 35 years ago for childhood issues, basically emotional abandonment. I was basically an extremely sensitive child in a family where no emotion was shown or accepted. I was told over and over that the only thing worth worrying about is your health and that nothing is worth getting angry about. I went through 2 years of therapy to learn how to feel instead of getting depressed and having stomach aches. During therapy the pain literally moved up my digestive system and out, as if I was throwing up all the pain and anger. I had a fabulous therapist.

Anyway I feel I have worked through most of childhood stuff. Maybe it is never really gone. My father died 1 1/2 years ago and I had to deal with my brother who has always belittled me. That is when a lot of stuff starting coming back worse than ever. I try to think what is going on now and I try to feel what I feel and not repress it, but I still have issues. I need to be convinced this knee pain is tms so as I can have power over it. I did have to put my 16 year old cat down 2 weeks ago and a good neighbor died. I sat and felt sad and cried as long as I felt I needed to.

I kid my hubby that my pain is moving down my leg and will just shoot out my foot. Hope it does. Sometimes I just get so fed up with something always hurting.

Anyone else have pain keep moving and not want to go to the doctor every week or 2?

I don't reach out to people easily, so thanks for this website and just for listening.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Katy, you are doing phenomenal. Remember to pay attention the progress you do have ok, for you have had a lot of progress. Write all the progress down and look at it daily, what you did that brought you there -- keep doing it and the pain will go out the end of your foot, metaphorically saying that is....:)
    You are experiencing what every person that has tms goes through -- its normal. Now hold your patience and keep your perseverance and never give up. You are winning most defiantly. :)
    You have been through a lot lately, feel the emotions like you have been doing, face them without fear, and let them go by accepting them in a better light.
    Bless you

3. Katy

Katy New Member

Thanks for the feedback. It feels good just to be heard, one of my big issues is feeling invisible, so thanks for listening and acknowledging my post.