1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pelvic pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Kylin Foster, May 30, 2017.

1. Kylin Foster

Kylin Foster Peer Supporter

Okay so I have a few questions!!

So sometimes I get symptoms that mirror a UTI and my way of identifying it's TMS is normally 1.) getting a urine test and 2) if the pain isn't EVERY time I pee I know it's not a uti because if it's a uti the pain should remain untill the infection is treated. Well anyway I just got back a recent urine test and they say it looks like I have an infection. I feel like I don't because I just went pee and there was no pain or discomfort at All. How can this be if I have a UTI? And if this is true than what do I do get tested for a UTI every week?? Because how can I know the difference???

2. c90danwaiel

c90danwaiel Peer Supporter

I'm not knowledgeable enough about UTIs to know how you could have one and not have pain, but I'm happy you're not suffering. Your doctor would be a great resource to ask what to do about non-symptomatic UTIs.

Not sure if this would be helpful, but I do know some pharmacies sell over-the-counter UTI tests which aren't too expensive. That could save you from frequent doctor visits. If you notice yourself feeling UTI pain (sorry about that, btw - I've been there! No fun at all), you could give yourself a test.

You could also try Azo - it's a medication that is activated by your kidneys and anesthetizes your urinary tract. If it's still hurting after you've taken that (as in my case; Azo never worked and my pain was always TMS), then that would point to TMS. If it goes away, then that would point to a UTI (or your TMS responding to a placebo; but the pain would be gone in any case).

3. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

The infection is post cause, that is, incidental. The infection is not the cause but an after effect. As long as you keep seeking answers physically you will never solve your riddle. The problem is emotional and not physical, I have seen it too many times and have lived it. Seeking "differences" is TMSing.

readytoheal likes this.