1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

PGAD worries

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by MembershipCard, May 2, 2022.

1. MembershipCard

MembershipCard Newcomer

Hi everyone! I am wondering if anyone has any experience with PGAD. I will share my story and would love any insight or reassurances you can offer!

I have always had pretty intense health anxiety, as well as panic disorder, general anxiety, and what I believe is OCD. My parents died suddenly when I was in college, and my remaining family member (sister) became addicted to drugs and is not really a part of my life anymore. Now, I am in my 30s, financially stable, with two young kids. One year ago, I was diagnosed with a sudden-onset autoimmune small fiber neuropathy. That has shaken me to my core and left me terrified for my health.

On to my PGAD worries. Last week, I masterbated to attempt to help relieve some stress. As I orgasmed, I became panicked that maybe my neuropathy would cause something to misfire in my nerves and cause a constant state of orgasm. Seems silly, right?! I felt fine afterwards, on with my night. However, the next day I woke up and felt slightly aroused when my thighs pressed together. I immediately remembered reading about PGAD years ago and panicked.

Now, it's been a week and my symptoms remain. I am able to forget about them to some extent, but they are always there. I am also always mentally aware and can't stop Googling and imagining worst-case scenarios. Of course in my Googling, I learned that neuropathy is thought to be a cause of PGAD, so that hasn't helped me shake this feeling of doom at all.

Can anyone relate to any of my story? I want so badly to think this was brought on by the last year of chronic stress and my random, fleeting fear of an everlasting orgasm, but my brain won't let me find any comfort. I'm so scared this will never get better. Could this be TMS? <3

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

There have been discussions about this in the past - just put PGAD into our search box, and in the results, choose the tab that says "results from our forum. only".