1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 33 positive changes since starting the program

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by movingcloud, Nov 16, 2012.

1. movingcloud

movingcloud Peer Supporter

Firstly I would like to thank everyone involved in maintaining this site. It has been pivotal to me, and brought me much further along my road to recovery than I would have managed on my own.

Here are some positive things that have happened since I started the SEP:
    1) although I still have pain most of the time, the really hard times have diminished, and I'm becoming more alert to those moments when I sink into "why", immediately turning my attention to "psychological". A few times I've laughed as I realise I've just been thinking about something in the past or difficult to resolve or anything really that fits the TMS pattern.
    2) I have stopped talking about my pain. I have gone so far as to ask people to talk about something else with me, when they bring the subject up.
    3) a girlfriend said to me "I don't believe in all that mindfulness mumbo-jumbo" - so I resolved not to share my journey with her, merely listen to hers. I mean to say - I am sure that I am on the right path, if someone else thinks its not right, that's OK.
    4) I have answered back when my mom said "you've always been a bad girl" - I told her she knew that wasn't true, and she laughed. I had an inkling then that this has been a game we've been playing.
    5) I have dropped my involvement in a voluntary group. In the past I stuck it out with things.
    6) Daily exercise and daily journaling are a priority now.
    7) I plan to move on to the Presence Project when I complete the SEP.
    8) I am noticing more when the pain moves around - always before insufferable low back pain, now an aching arm, carpal tunnel numbness in the other, stiff feet. I ignore it all, and get on with life.
    9) I'm spending more on experiences, and less on things.
    10) I am travelling way further, and realise I can nearly do a very busy day.
    11) my sleep is way better
    12) I'm taking much less medication.

valerie, veronica73 and Susan like this.
  2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Wow, congratulations.

3. tarala

tarala Well known member

You've made SO much progress in 33 days!

4. Lori

Lori Well known member

AWESOME! So happy to hear. :)

5. Michael Reinvented

Michael Reinvented Peer Supporter

Moving Cloud,

That's a mighty inspirational post. GREAT progress.
    You succinctly reinforced the crucial element of THINKING around pain.

6. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Wonderful! What a concrete demonstration of progress!
    Now I have to figure out what the Presence Project is...