1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Post hernia surgery.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by braden101, May 15, 2014.

1. braden101

braden101 Peer Supporter

So after a rough few months with TMS symptoms, I finally was feeling okay. Decided to get an inguinal Hernia repaired which was starting to become bothersome and interfere with work.

I had the surgery on 1st of May, everything went well and i was starting to feel back to normal until Day 10 post op, the old back pain started, followed by trigger points throughout my glutes/lowerback/hips.

Now (Day 14 post op) the testicle on the side of the hernia is in agony and I don't know whether it is surgery related or my TMS is taking advantage of the situation!

I ended up going to Dr Google like I use too and have worked myself up into a bit of a state.

I have gone through this panic before and i know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, it is just so confusing and frustrating, having to second guess my body because of TMS!

I am going to see the surgeon tomorrow as it seems like the right thing to do after having a surgery like that, just in case. But if nothing is found physically wrong, i guess i will treat this like any other TMS symptom and knock it on the head!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I had surgery some years ago for a double hernia and wow, it was painful recovering.
    It took several weeks. I could hardly walk, but then the pain finally went away.

It's probably that you're worrying something is still wrong inside you. I'd bet it's "just" TMS.

braden101 likes this.
  3. braden101

braden101 Peer Supporter

After seeing the surgeon this morning, my mind is a little more at ease.

He had a feel around and said everything feels good, just a little tender and it has only been 2 weeks, so it is most likely just an inflammatory process as it heals. He has given me a referral for an ultrasound if it doesn't improve within the next couple weeks.

So I suppose ill just wait it out, keep my spirits up and keep on floating through those anxious thoughts.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

That's comforting news from your doctor. From my experience, hernias take time to repair.
    Keep relaxed and think positive, that this is going to go away and you'll be good as new again.

braden101 likes this.
  5. braden101

braden101 Peer Supporter

So almost a year since these posts!

The post surgery pain eventually settled down and i had been doing great for a good 5 months but i ended up having to have another inguinal hernia on the other side repaired a couple weeks ago. Perfect timing to as i have been going through a rough break up for almost a months. Pretty depressed, not eating properly etc Im sure alot of people can understand the feeling. Not being able to work isnt helpingme any either.

Surgery went well but weirdly enough most of the pain is on the opposite groin again :s. Plus hip pain, leg pain and back pain all on that right side. I am assuming it is TMS again.

So as you can imagine its been a rough start to the year! Really hoping to get ontop of everything and remembering how much this forum helped me previously i thought it a good place to vent a little.

Markus likes this.