1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

question about disc herniations and TMS pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by learningmore, Jan 14, 2022.

1. learningmore

learningmore Peer Supporter

Ok I know that back pain is often not due to herniation.

I know many people have disc herniations with no symptoms.

Following is my question:

For people with TMS who have back pain and herniations (but the back pain isn't caused by these), is the back pain where it would be if it were because of the herniation?

In other words, if you have an L3 herniation, will you have back pain not caused from the herniation at L3 too?

2. mbo

mbo Well known member

If the pain has begun today immediately after a severe traumatism, grave fall, serious accident, .... its reason is physical,
    BUT if the pain has appeared "from nothing" or from something banal or ordinary you´ll find in the MRI the SAME yesterday herniated disc !
    M

3. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

According to the American College of Physicians, spinal abnormalities, such as dis herniation, is normal and not responsible for back pain. I explain more in these two videos on pain facts doctors do not tell their patients.

www.fredamir.com/painfacts

So go with consider L3 herniation normal.