1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 32 Ran yesterday and it felt great!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jimnat7, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Jimnat7

Jimnat7 Peer Supporter

After convincing myself that i dont have ms or als someone told me that perhaps the numbness is coming from my cervical spine and I might need an operation. This person means well but doesnt understand mind body stuff at all. I thought about it all day and then said F it im going for a run. I ran 2 miles fast and my numbness actually decreased. I think that i need to say f this more and just throw of the shackles of whatever has been told to me. I think my neuropathies are Tms. Everything else has been. F this im running again tomorrow. Or maybe tonight. Numbness smumbness. I havent run in a year prior to this.

2. srton

srton Well known member

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Someone on the forum posted that they were going to feel numbness and tingling if they stayed home or if they went to the New Kids On the Block concert , so why not just go to the concert???
    Sometimes before my runs I will think of that and smile (comparing my run to a New Kids concert!!).
    Good luck and keep up the good work!

3. intense50

intense50 Well known member

You cannot injure yourself by running unless you go extremely over your capacities. Just run, thats what i did. start easy. 3 half marathons so far and 60 km a week. I could barely walk 3 months..... now i run. Short and sweet of my story......skeletons in my closet, and perfectionism self pressure. Do the work, information is all here. Sarno ect.