1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

RCCX genetic mutation and TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by CAC1977, Jun 28, 2021.

1. CAC1977

CAC1977 New Member

Has anyone heard of this genetic mutation? I'm wondering if one had an "illness/condition" because of this mutation, would that mean treating it as a TMS condition would not be possible—would it be considered a concrete "injury" similar to a broken bone, since there is a physical abnormality? Here's an article I stumbled on last week that has me preplexed: https://www.rccxandillness.com/the-rccx-module-explains-years-of-clinical-observations.html (Meglathery MD: RCCX Module Explains Overlapping Medical and Psychiatric Syndromes Associated With Chronic Illness: Background, Observations, Research and Reasoning)

2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

I can see how the "type" of person is relatable, but this info doesn't seem useful for anyone who isn't a researcher or TMS doctor. This could be worked on in conjunction with TMS. How would a TMS person use this information to help themselves heal? Also you can feel the amount of TMSing she's still going through in her writing and her healing journey could have been made so much easier especially emotionally, if she had discovered this forum. As a researcher, this research is giving her some sense of purpose. Sometimes medical help is needed though.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  3. CAC1977

CAC1977 New Member

Well, I'm not sure what to think of your comment…not exactly sure I understand what you are saying…well, some of it do. So I guess what I might be wondering is, even is someone did have a "condition" as a result of this mutation, a "condition" that has a physical basis, could one not work the condition as TMS? I guess the other side of my thinking/wondering is, if you have a condition because of a gene mutation, does that mean TMS would not apply? I know this is all pretty abstract, but I think the article was pretty intense and caught my attention.

4. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

This article described my personality to a T and it felt really disheartening. There's no easy fix to these kinds of things.

5. CAC1977

CAC1977 New Member

I'm sorry it felt disheartening…I was a little concerned about posting the link because that's really pretty much how I felt when I first read it—disheartened. But! I'm also thinking that it may be possible for TMS to help even with this. I know I wasn't always "ill"—for me around 2 yrs now—so there was a 'before' when I felt good, so my thinking is, is that if I was there once, I can get there again, inspire of any chronic illness. I'm hoping some who are very skilled with TMS will comment on this.

6. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Genetic mutation means only one thing: predisposition. It doesn't mean life sentence. Not every person with predisposition develops a disease, it only means that they are more likely to develop it. In my opinion, it gives an explanation to why some people are more likely than others to suffer from TMS, and why TMS-ers have to go through therapy and healing process in order to stay healthy. Don't get depressed, you now may have an explanation to why healing can be hard, but still possible.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    CAC1977 and BloodMoon like this.
  7. CAC1977

CAC1977 New Member

Thank you for your comment! I admit that I did freak out just a tiny bit when I read that article. And I really like your perspective that it can be an explanation as to why some have a longer road to healing and recovery. I do feel I'm making progress, but oh-man does it feel slow… ;-)

TG957 likes this.
  8. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Everything takes longer than we expect. Especially relief - when we are in pain....