1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Real Self Care

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ann Miller, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Ann Miller

Ann Miller Well known member

Question: What do you purely love to do for enjoyment? Not what you should do, need to do, or would make tomorrow run more smoothly…but what you JUST LOVE DOING…for the pure reason that you relish it. Got your answer?

Now, how many hours have you spent doing these things in the past week? No excuses, now…real life here. Got your answer?

Now, how many hours have you spent doing them guilt free?

Yea, me too. And one thing that I’ve learned in my journey to be pain free is that I’m a horrible relaxer. Even laying there watching tv, I’m not guilt free…I’m relaxing STRESSFULLY. Sigh

But wait, there’s hope! Turns out with just a little bit of planning and actually “prescribing” yourself quality time to do strictly enjoyable activities, you can really impact your pain and symptoms. So you don’t have to rewrite your whole personality (or run away from home). By adding in a few hours of pure, guilt free joy each week, you send your nervous system messages that you matter, that your happiness matters, and that your boundaries matter. That’s way more effective self care than any bubble bath will ever be. Enjoy!
    www.pathsbeyondpain.com

fridaynotes likes this.