1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Repetitive Fear Thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Chimichanga, Apr 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Chimichanga

Chimichanga Peer Supporter

How do you all work with repetitive fear thoughts? Now I can’t stop thinking/fearing about losing my hair. Granted I have no signs of hair loss, just another thing to fear about now…

2. Allund

Allund Peer Supporter

I try to realize those are just thoughts, you don't even have to beleive them, they don't have to be true. I just let them go, I imagine them as words getting out of my head and going far away.
    ACT therapy helped me a lot. Steven C Hayes and Russ Harris books are really good

3. Chimichanga

Chimichanga Peer Supporter

I’ll look into it. Thanks so much!

4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

What you have is a typical case of anxiety and OCD. Try Claire Weekes books and audio - she is a godsend. I personally prefer audio, I think it works better.

Chimichanga and miffybunny like this.
  5. BagelSchnitzel

BagelSchnitzel Peer Supporter

Also, being bald is awesome, I'm way more streamline in the pool and takes me way less time in the mornings :D

Chimichanga and TG957 like this.
  6. Aurora

Aurora Peer Supporter

When it came to fearful thoughts the books The Little Book of Big Change and The End of Self Help finally helped me out.

Chimichanga likes this.