1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Residual anxiety not going even after pain is gone.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by unlearningpain, Oct 23, 2018.

1. unlearningpain

unlearningpain Peer Supporter

I have recovered a lot !
    What is left with me is :
    -5% pain when I'm anxious or bit sleepless
    -a muscle spasm type thing which is there on side of lower back(painless)
    -some sleepless nights

What still keeps me anxious are some kind of thought patterns, like:
    -recently I intimated with a friend of mine and I started obsessing and stuff(maybe this love/intimacy part is major).when I'm with her I'm in peace and when she's not there I start getting anxious.
    -still sometimes when I go to bed, thinking im tired and will sleep good as I'm in perfect peace.only to realise midnight that I'm not sleeping, which starts whole cycle of anxious again.

I used to sleep like a dog without a disturbance when there was pain,though it was like 4 days a week.

But now I'm sleeping like 6 days a week but I wake up at night and sleep is not that deep.

Also I feel like I won't sleep without listening to Claire Weekes audio.

It's complex

2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Being in love is nothing to be sniffed at as it creates havoc in your systems. Take it easy and take care you won't become too dependent on this friend for your happiness; leave each other enough time and space.
    It is perfectly normal for anxiety and tension to rise when physical symptoms die down. Just give it time.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes! To notice what is happening and not worry is huge. I encourage you to let Gigalos' reassurance rest in you, and know you are having a normal human experience. Nothing needs to be "fixed." What is arising wants to be loved and cared for.

4. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Yep, yep! Ttotally agree with Giga and Andy. I wish I could say that my anxiety went away when my pain did. But it didn't. That said, it has gotten better and there are lots of great tools here and elsewhere to help with anxiety.

Ellen and unlearningpain like this.
  5. unlearningpain

What about that spasm or overworked muscle on one side of lower back?

6. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

...either a residual physical symptom or the result of your new relationship ;)
    I wouldn't worry about it if I was you.

7. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member

I second Giaglos.

Just wanted to say too how incredible it is the progress you've made. 95% free even during stress is fantastic. Great job :)

unlearningpain likes this.
  8. unlearningpain

Man this thing anxiety is not going.its keeping up in nights.
    -Any bullet points that I may be missing?
    -quick tricks?
    Concentrating on my breadth isn't working, I end up getting lost in thoughts when in bed..ultimately not sleeping

9. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member

You listen to / read Claire Weekes yet? There's also a book called DARE that is similar and popular right now.
    You can get Claire Weekes talks on YouTube.

Anxiety can be overcome.