1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Semi success story

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I feel a little ridiculous posting this but since I have fully dived in to TMS after 10 years of straddling the fence and googling cures and excuses ..I got some great help and advice from a lot of people on this site

I have turned the page don't get me wrong the fear is still there but slowly leaving with that said my mind has given me teeth pain, ibs and neck and back pain I feel I am in the right direction .

I celebrated this morning with all my new pains..

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    Lizzy, TG957, Northwood and 1 other person like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Marco,

Congratulations on this success! I get that it is a real success in that you're seeing your experience as TMS, that symptoms are changing (?). And that you're a litte less afraid.

I know you've had a long journey. I am glad that you're seeing success and sharing this with us. I get that it is the "real deal." I think in all of this work, it is only as real as we let it be real, and you're doing that. I'm happy for you in this moment.

Andy

TG957 and Boston Redsox like this.
  3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Marco, what an amazing post, courageous and daring! I hope this is the last extinction burst of your pain and so much wish you smooth sailing to recovery!

MWsunin12 and miffybunny like this.
  4. Kozas

Kozas Well known member

I've read many books, online forums, watched youtubes, and I think the key is acceptance. No matter if book was made by doctor who thinks in more alternative ways, or a complete madman believing in voodoo - always acceptance and focus on presence/future was a step one. I think that's the case in many TMS too. I've journaled and journaled and journaled but nothing happened. Why? Because I don't have really any emotional scars, I mean ok I have them but they are just 'average' scars. I took antibiotics that mess uped with my health but that was almost 10 years ago. I'm sure that after few months my stomach regenerated but I clinged to that pain. Even now after so many years, pain is my #1 focus. You can't really fight it, but you have to be okay with it... so it can go away. That's how I think it works. I'm still not there, but since 2018 every year I'm closer and closer to this goal, there are even days or weeks when I don't think THAT much about pain, then fear takes over and cycle of anxiety is starting anew. Be wary of it, do what helps you, in my case it's mindfulness meditation, and reading this forum but no more than 5-10 minutes a day.

miffybunny and Boston Redsox like this.
  5. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Well said! In Sarno speak, it is called outcome independence. It took me at least a year and a half to become indifferent to my symptoms - and then they went away. Of course, much slower than I planned - but this is how it works!

6. Boston Redsox

Thx you for your comments much appreciated

7. Boston Redsox

Even though I been at this for awhile know I am truly starting to have the concept sink at a different level...even though this as not caused my issues to minimize...actually just the opposite..that when I knew a shift is beginning...no matter how long my path is set

TG957 likes this.
  8. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Boston, This makes me so happy! I’m so encouraged by your post. Thank you for sharing your progress. Lizzy

Boston Redsox likes this.