1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

SEP Day 10

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jorgem12, Dec 14, 2019.

1. jorgem12

jorgem12 Peer Supporter

Today, make a brief forum post about how you are doing with the treatment. If you still have any doubts about the TMS approach, include those in your post. If you have had an aha! moment or have found a certain technique helpful, post about that. Also, if you have any questions or concerns, ask them and someone will answer your question.

Currently, I feel like i'm stuck with the treatment. I feel like I've been working on it well but haven't seen so much improvement. I know that I just have to keep going and focus on the journey and not the outcome so that's what i'll do. It just feels frustrating to work on it but not see the improvement. The most difficult moments are when my pain increases when standing in place or when it wakes me up at night and I just work on accepting that it's TMS and caused by repressed emotions but it stays day after day.

I'm grateful though to be having the support from the TMS Wiki to keep going on this journey.

Aimee88 likes this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Howdy...lack of concrete progress is definitely hard. I think everybody experiences ruts where things don't seem to change. It's okay to be frustrated, just try to remember a few things:

1-There is no timeline. Some people heal super quick and others takes a long time. The SEP is not meant to be a start and stop treatment plan. It's meant to build healthy lifetime habits that will heal you and keep you healthy.
    2-A big part of healing is losing your fear and worry of symptoms. In my opinion, that's actually more important than having the symptom itself go away. Once you get to the point where you are able to go about your days with little concern to the pains that appear, you will find them starting to lessen more rapidly.
    3-Repetition and patience are key! I know that annoying to hear when you hurt, but it's the truth.

I consider myself one of those people who had an almost immediate healing upon learning about TMS. But even so, I had dozens of symptoms. While some of them went away almost instantly, it took me another six months to feel "healed" from everything. And stuff still pops up fairly frequently. So, you're doing fine! Keep up the good work!

Hayley and Aimee88 like this.
  3. jorgem12

jorgem12 Peer Supporter

That's definitely helpful! Thank you!