1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 16 Sharing the diagnosis with others: how that's gone

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by cookieheals, Apr 6, 2021.

1. cookieheals

cookieheals Well known member

My uncle said, "Oh, is that why I had really bad back pain a few years ago?"

My producer said, "That makes sense. You always seem upset. You should calm down."

My therapist said, "I believe that it could be psychological, but maybe a part of it is physical" Then we argued. But she has chronic back pain so I doubt she'd be able to accept TMS, even if it is for me.

My sister said, "Oh is that why I get knee pain?" then her knee pain went away. Then she'd keep asking me, "How's your toe today? How's your knee today?" and I would have to say, "Stop bringing me back to my body!" Sometimes being a little sterner than I needed to be.

At first I didn't tell people. But now I do, because I don't want to feel so alone.