1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

SIRPA Recovery Program - Has anyone done it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eugene, Feb 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Eugene

Eugene Well known member

If there's anyone reading this who has complete Georgia Oldfield's 'SIRPA Recovery Program' could you let me know what you thought.

Thanks for your help with this.

2. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

I haven't actually done the program itself but i've read her book and spoken with her through an online seminar she teaches for practicioners- it seems like an excellent, well thought-out program! I think it costs significantly more than the other ones included in the books (like Howard Schubiners or David Schecters) so i'd probably be more inclined to do the low cost ones first and see how that goes. The ideas are all similar but phrased differently in each program and with slightly different exercises.

3. Eugene

Eugene Well known member

Thanks MindbodyPT. I shall take another closer look at Howard Schubiners and David Schecters as you're right, they are much cheaper. It seems odd that this SIRPA Recovery Program is so much when from everything I can find out about it, it's just seems to be a text based manual and some online forms, and a forum, but TMSWiki seems so awesome I can't imagine I'd need another forum. I'm reading Georgia's book, and it seems very good, but that again makes me wonder how much more is going to be in this online text-based manual. I suppose it is just wishful thinking on my part as she is in the UK like me, so I like to support the locals :)