1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Sleep and Healing Meditation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jim K., Aug 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jim K.

jim K. New Member

Hello All:

Any one have experience with listening to "heal while you sleep" meditations? I just started to listen to them at night. They are designed to reach your subconscious while you are sleeping. If nothing else, I've been sleeping better.

Just curious if others have tried them. I am slightly encouraged after two good nights of sleep. A minor improvement in the pain too.

BloodMoon likes this.
  2. GetBusyLiving

GetBusyLiving New Member

I'm very interested in this topic. SteveO mentions 'Programmed Dreams' as a valuable technique and dreams as our path to the unconscious. I know I've had experiences where something was happening in my immediate area while sleeping (TV, spouse doing something, etc.) which in turn influenced what I was dreaming about. So.... this makes a hell of a lot of sense to me. I haven't had a chance yet to really delve into it yet and learn how this is done willfully though.

3. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Jim,

I've not tried them unfortunately, but I'm going to be interested to see what replies you get. I've just started doing yoga nidra before bed though, during which you can 'set your intention' to 'feel comfortable in your body' (or similar) in order to help you heal; it's greatly improving my sleep. Here's an article about it https://blog.bulletproof.com/yoga-nidra-guided-sleep-meditation/ It's reckoned that one 30-minute practice of yoga nidra equals approximately two hours of deep sleep. There are various free videos for yoga nidra on YouTube which all vary, if it's of any interest to you.

4. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

haven't tried them. but I'm now interested. I've been doing yoga for 3 months now and it really helps me a lot. could you please tell me more about this "heal while you sleep" meditations?

BloodMoon likes this.