1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 26 Spent 3 days on Day 26

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MellieV, Feb 26, 2016.

1. MellieV

MellieV Peer Supporter

First of all, I can't believe I'm already on Day 26 of the SEP. Second, I can't believe what a dramatic difference I have in my life now from just three weeks ago. Make no mistake, I am by no means pain free, but my outlook and attitude has made a complete turnaround.

I've been stuck on Day 26 in a good way. The topic and exercises really struck a chord with me - FEAR
    I'm sure everyone finds what turns out to be a pretty clear root for their TMS and they are all different, this is surely mine. I know because I have been thinking and journaling like a mad woman since landing on this day. "The most common fears" of people with TMS that were listed resonated with me so deeply. I wrote them out more than once to remind myself I'm not alone in this thinking. I keep repeating that fear arises from learned and inbred experiences, and fear creates more fear. Fear of not getting better, fear of the pain, fear of re-injury, and on and on.
    There is one thing I want to leave here. Maybe it will help someone else as much as it is helping me:

F - Future
    E - events
    A - are appearing
    R - real
    (they are not real)
    F - Face
    E - everything
    A - and
    R - recover

Ryan79 likes this.
  2. Ryan79

Ryan79 Peer Supporter

Thanks for the uplifting post MellieV

MellieV likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, again Mellie. I'm so glad you are feeling so upbeat about the SEProgram and dealing with fear.

I like the descriptions you posted about fear. When everything else fails, I laugh at fear. Laughing works for me every time.

MellieV likes this.