1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Still at it! Day 25

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JayTeeDee, Jul 23, 2017.

1. JayTeeDee

JayTeeDee New Member

I'm really proud that I have continued this program! It is unfolding in such a profound way. Learning so much and aware of making changes. Slowly remaking the foundation of my thought process toward a healthier, more positive default. Learning how to observe my thoughts rather than automatically react to them.

Have experienced several intense episodes of off-loading some emotional baggage that has weighed me down. Crying and other stuff. Cathartic. I'm feeling lighter.

Ridding myself of the spasms in my throat and getting my voice to be fully resonant is going slowly. But am beginning to see signs of that improving.

What is hard is still remaining hopeful that my voice will be full again. Somehow I thought it would return instantaneously, so I fight disappointment.

Working day-by-day not to be judgemental or discouraged. Being Mindful is the biggest take away so far. When I can stay in the moment, be aware of my feelings and make conscious choices rather than drift into autopilot, I feel much better. Have been able to rid myself of several headaches this way.

Overall, good stuff!

birdsetfree likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm glad t0 see how positive you are. You're doing all the right things for TMS healing. Your voice will become stronger as you heal in TMS. When we're under a lot of stress, our voice often takes a vacation. It comes back when we're more relaxed.

Have you been reading Alan Gordon's posts daily in the General Discussion Subforum? He is a wonderful guide to TMS healing.

3. srton

srton Well known member

"slowly remaking the foundation of my thought process"
    LOVE THAT.
    I'm feeling better and my biggest takeaway is that - feeling good is not a que to return to business as usual. Living pain-free means fighting my tendencies and embracing a new normal.
    thank you for your post and keep up the good work to all of us!!!