1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Stop Saying "Sorry"

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by yb44, Feb 24, 2016.

1. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

c90danwaiel, Gigi, Daffy Duck and 5 others like this.
  2. KatheC

KatheC New Member

Great link! I play doubles tennis. The ladies I play with are always apologizing for missing shots or hitting out or into the net. It drives me crazy. I am constantly telling them to stop apologizing, as we are not tennis pros and even pros miss their hits. We are human and make mistakes. Now after years of playing, as soon as the first apology comes out of my double partners mouth, I immediately put it to a stop and tell them we are both going to goof up, neither of us are perfect and we DON'T have to apologize for it. It's amazing how we can focus more on the game when the "sorry's" stop. :) Game, Set, Match!

Simplicity likes this.
  3. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

Sweet and so true. Thanks for sharing. ^_^

4. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

5. KatieDid123

KatieDid123 Peer Supporter

This is wonderful. I'm definitely guilty of apologizing for myself. I'm one of those people that says sorry when someone else bumps into me. I'm taking these to heart. It's very important to be aware of your wording. I'll be putting this approach into action. Thank YOU for sharing <3

6. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

7. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

What wonderful advice, yb44. Thanks for sharing.

8. Daffy Duck

Daffy Duck Peer Supporter

I absolutely agree. Very good stuff! Yeah, wanna put it on my wall.

9. Daffy Duck

Daffy Duck Peer Supporter

Me too! KatieDid - I feel same about your whole post.

KatieDid123 likes this.