1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Strange symptom - Need advice

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by shmps, Feb 6, 2015.

1. shmps

shmps Peer Supporter

Ever since applying Dr. Sarno's therapy, pain symptoms are changing so frequently.

Shoulder and neck pain reduced, then started lower back pain...today I am having extreme cramp in the right side of the stomach..my courage guards are falling down, I am getting scared and I don't know what to do ?? This is the worst of all symptoms ....What should i do ?? i should i just sit and ignore it to pass away.

2. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Shmps,

If you think the right sided cramp is something medical(appendix, kidney stones etc) its not a bad idea to get a doctor to check it out. Sometimes that is the quickest and easiest way to eliminate anxiety over it. My 78 year old mother had a bad lower back spasm last week. She could barely walk. I sent her to my massage therapist just for a little relief. The next day her back was considerably better but she was up all night with a right side stomach pain(low by her hip). I took her to urgent care(of course it was a Sunday). They did a scan and a series of blood and urine tests. She checked out fine so they sent her home with some pain killers(which made her sick). And then the next day her stomach was better and she had a severe spasm in her shoulder! I started to talk with her about what is going on in her life right now but she is so focused on the acute pain that it is difficult to get her to consider it could be something other than physical. TMS is a powerful distraction! My symptoms moved around a whole lot while I was healing. If you can get in to see a doctor I would have it checked out just so you can take away the fear there. Then if it checks out fine, I would start applying any of the TMS techniques that you are familiar with that have been working(and they obviously have). You've got it on the run. You are continuing to be tested but you'll get through this! Work on anything you can to dampen the fear. That is just fuel for TMS.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree with Anne about telling your doctor about the stomach cramps, although it does sound like TMS moving around your beautiful body.

When I get any stomach problem, I drink some hot milk or sip some blackberry brandy. My mother said they're both good for stomach problems and she was right.

I now believe the cause of my stomach and all other pain was TMS from my emotions. Think about and journal about things that upset you, now and in the past. That's where you will find the causes of your symptoms.

Anne Walker likes this.
  4. shmps

shmps Peer Supporter

Anne and Walt, you were right. Ultrasound revealed no physical reason for the pain. All is normal. So this is TMS and since its been confirmed pain started subsiding :)

Anne Walker likes this.
  5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

You are becoming a TMS connoisseur! This experience will add to your understanding and convincing evidence that you have TMS. And help confirm how you are deciding to treat it (psychologically).
    Andy B.

Anne Walker likes this.