1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

DVD Stress & Anxiety Remedy

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by FredAmir, Aug 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi all,

For those of you dealing with stress and anxiety, in this video, I demonstrate a technique that has helped my clients calm their stress and anxiety responses. Hope it will help you too.

If you decide to apply this technique, here are some helpful tips:
    1. Practice this technique 5-10 repetitions or until you feel a positive change internally
    2. Do this several times a day for the first 3-5 days
    3. Keep a daily log of your progress
    4, Continue to practice this 3 times a day for 4-6 weeks so that it becomes a new positive mental and emotional habit

TG957 and hawaii_five0 like this.
  2. pink_unicorn

pink_unicorn Newcomer

thank you for the tips

3. FredAmir

You are welcome, Pink Unicorn (very creative name!)

You may also find this excellent Ted Talk on stress by Stanford health psychologist Dr. Kelly McGonigal helpful.

4. pink_unicorn

pink_unicorn Newcomer

Thanks for the tips. As a grad student, I'm under lots of stress right now. I mean, finding a job after finishing college is already hard enough, and now due to the pandemic, it's even harder. Many companies are on the verge of bankruptcy, of course they wouldn't hire a grad student like me to work for them. I am at the point where I'm desperate enough to try out everything, as long as it helps me with my anxiety. fherehab.com It's tough for me to admit this, but I cry myself to sleep almost every night. I know that it's not good for my mental health but Idk what oto do

5. FredAmir

Have you tried to offer your services as an intern 2-3 days a week to potential employers? That’s perhaps one of the best ways for them to get to know you and your work. That will set you apart from other applicants, especially if you show up to work with donuts or chocolate once a week.

Maryhelen likes this.