1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck? Check out this latest podcast

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by JanAtheCPA, Aug 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Sometimes, the universe provides just what is needed.

Today I listened to the latest podcast from @Nicole J. Sachs LCSW , from her series The Cure For Chronic Pain, and I was immediately struck by its relevance to many recent posts.

@Viridian and @Mark1122, (and I'm sorry if I can't remember others I might have interacted with before the last few days): please, everyone, do yourselves a favor and listen to Episode 41 "The Role of Fear - Barb's Amazing Story". I can't recommend it enough.

The introductory story is a bit long, but don't make the mistake of thinking that it's not relevant for you - part of doing this work effectively is that when someone is taking the time to tell you how they recovered, that you have the patience to listen to (or read) their entire story.

Here is a small bit of the gem which is at the heart of this episode, from Nicole:

...when you are desperate to be well, and when you are outcome-driven... your nervous system perceives that desire as fear...

Seriously, just listen to the whole thing. And then go to Nicole's first podcast, and start listening to them in order. But, in the spirit of this episode, just one a day, okay? Listen to #41, and you'll see why I say just one a day.

2. Sita

Sita Well known member

3. Kozas

Kozas Well known member

I agree but it's kinda a paradox. How can we not care about outcome, and still do the work? I had bad day today, grief over how my youth was ridden with pain, envy toward people my age, regret about all the stuff I did wrong. I will be better tomorrow, but all those emotions are still there. They are not uncoscious in my case, I know about them. I've learned trough the years to tolerate them, but just accept it all and not care? It's very hard, almost nonhuman to do.

4. Sita

Sita Well known member

You're right. But we don't have a choice. It's either the pain or dealing with the emotions. Stay strong and be kind to yourself.

Mari and JanAtheCPA like this.
  5. Kozas

Kozas Well known member

Funilly enough I'm on SEP day 34 and there's link to great Alan Gordon article about breaking pain cycle. It's not about pain really but meaning we give it. I'M guilty of that. Comparing to other people and eapecially thinking how life was good before pain. Pain is just a Sensation, but stories we create in mind, emotions etc are what cause us suffering.

Mari, Sita and JanAtheCPA like this.