1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dr. Zafirides The Sacred Space (episode 100)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Peter Zafirides, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Peter Zafirides

Peter Zafirides Physician

Hi everyone,

I am sorry I haven't been on the forum for a while. It's been so busy, even The Healthy Mind has suffered.

I am so happy to announce that I completed Episode #100 last night! Thanks to everyone for their support. I sincerely appreciate it. I only post episodes in this forum that I feel are relevant to the group. I think episode #100 fits the bill:

The Sacred Space
    http://www.thehealthymind.com/2014/03/26/100-the-sacred-space/

By "The Sacred Space", I am referring to psychotherapy. I discuss how courage, strength and trust come together in the therapy setting to bring about healing - emotional and physical.

I dedicate this episode to my patients who, like you, inspire me with their amazing strength.

I hope you find the podcast informative and helpful.

Kindly,
    Dr. Z

Forest and Becca like this.
  2. Becca

Becca Well known member

Congratulations on your 100th podcast!! What a wonderful accomplishment.

You mentioned in the episode that psychotherapy was just "two individuals partnered together to improve one's life." This approach, and this dedication you wrote in your post, both show something I find fundamental to the success of psychotherapy: respect. I have found that the best therapy is this sort of therapy: not a practitioner treating a patient, but a person helping another person. So much more is accomplished in these Sacred Spaces, as Dr. Z. so rightfully calls them, where we're all equals.

Dr. Z., your humility, respect, and overall goodness shines through in this podcast. Thank you for discussing this topic in such a monumental episode, and congratulations again!

Forest likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Dr, Zafirides, thank you for the 100th edition of The Healthy Mind.
    It is a wonderful validation of how people can help each other by listening and offering support and help.
    As I reflected on what you call "The Sacred Space" I thought of a few friends, unfortunately a very few,
    who are my best friends, and how we communicate on a really meaningful level. We share our concerns
    and try to help each other through them.
    It also made me realize how much the TMSWiki is a "Sacred Space" because everyone posts for advice
    and encouragement on their pains or anxieties and others reply with genuine, sincere, caring, sharing
    advice and experiences.

I also found it very therapeutic to be reminded by you that our main concerns-stresses are not unique to us
    but are universal: anger, feelings of being alone, depression, anxiety, even suicidal thoughts. And another of
    the main things is thinking about our mortality. We all just think too much on our stresses, anxieties.
    We need to lighten up and bring more joy into our lives.

Thank you for the 99 previous sessions and especially this 100th. You're a good, caring man
    and The Healthy Mind is one of the best Sacred Places on the Internet.

Becca likes this.