1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TMS fever?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by LaughingKat, Aug 29, 2021.

1. LaughingKat

LaughingKat Peer Supporter

I'm just starting to draw a TMS connection between something that happens to me every once in a while, which happened again this week.

I'd say this is a high-stress time for me. In 10 days I'm starting a new job that I'm excited about and is more high-prestige than any job I've ever had. I've been having a lot of insecurity about that. Also, I was meant to leave yesterday for a 10 day vacation, culminating in a family wedding (outdoors, but still gives me Covid anxiety), and then drive 6 hours home to start my new job the next morning.

So on Thursday I spent a couple of hours in a freezing cold house (air conditioning) and was getting more and more stressed and angry because it's one of my pet peeves, over-air-conditioned spaces. Then I stepped out into the 90 degree weather and I just wanted to go home and be in my own stuffy house. When I did, I felt exhausted and, soon, overheated. My husband touched my skin and said I was burning up. Took my temperature, which was 102.5 F.

Had a Covid test which was negative. For the past 3 days I've had a fever, progressively getting lower. No other symptoms really. And honestly, this has delayed my leaving on vacation for a few days and I've felt only relief about that. And I've stayed in bed, husband brought me food, etc.

I wonder if it could be a TMS thing? I've had similar fevers under stress before. Anyone else?

2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Stress can make it easier to get sick. Probably just a flu or something (it's really mild if you're vaccinated). These bugs go around.

3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I have had episodes of sickness at the times of high stress, including chills, feeling feverish and fatigued. They usually last 24-36 hours and then disappear as abruptly as they show up.