1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS MindBody Journal iphone app by Dr. Schechter

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Everyone,

One of the main inspirations for our own Structured Educational Program was the Mindbody Workbook written by David Schechter, MD. Dr. Schechter created the workbook to use with his own patients and then released it to the world for everyone to use. It was unique in that it was the first TMS book with daily journaling prompts and space to write them. Inspired by Dr. Schechter's workbook, by Dr. Schubiner's online program, I decided to write a similar program that used free resources and our community and put it up for free - thus the SEP was born. (The SEP was of course inspired by a host of other books and resources as well, but that's the subject for another thread.)

Dr. Shechter was one of the first doctors to study with Dr. Sarno and also started the first TMS website, mindbodymedicine.com. He collected some of the data that was reported in several of Dr. Sarno's books. About Dr. Schechter's most recent book, Think Away Your Pain, Dr. Sarno wrote, "I highly recommend Dr. Schechter's book. It is readable, accessible, and insightful, and based on his long history in the diagnosis and treatment of Tension Myoneural Syndrome (TMS)."

Dr. Schechter is now out with a new iPhone app. Here is the description:
    MindBody Journal is a writing tool to release stress, gain understanding, and feel better.

Unlike other journaling apps this one was created by a medical doctor who in his office treats some of his his patients with back pain and other stress related conditions with traditional journaling.

He has simplified and streamlined his approach and created an app that gives you an "emotional workout"(TM) in 5-10 minutes of writing a day. You are presented with four questions a day to answer.

The free version includes a full week of questions and space to write your free flowing answers. It even notifies you if you've missed a day.

If you purchase the full 30 day program, which includes 8 additional videos by Dr. Schechter as well as the remainder of the program (23 more days), you'll delve deeper into stress and emotional issues and discover valuable healing insights with the app's guidance.

Deceptively simple and impressively insightful, an individual who completes the 30 day program will gain insight, release stress, lower tension, and often feel a lot better (emotionally... and physically).

Research demonstrates that daily journaling has many health benefits for the motivated user.​

Here's the link:
    https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/mindbody-journal/id1091943895?mt=8

If anyone gives it a try, please let us know what you think!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Dorado and Grateful17 like this.
  2. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

Nice! What about Android & Windows OS's?

3. DocDave

DocDave TMS Physician and Author

Starting with a version for iphone and ipad; many folks have some kind of an idevice.
    If there is a good response and interest then android would be next.

Let me know what you think.
    app store has an UPDATED version, which you can download or update that got rid of a bunch of bugs.
    There are still 1 or 2 more I'd like to fix soon.

Feedback appreciated; frontofficedrs at gmail.com is the best place for that feedback. I'll try to check in on this thread as well.

keep writing!

DS

Grateful17 and Forest like this.
  4. Grateful17

Grateful17 Well known member

Just downloaded it to my Smart phone. Thanks Dr. S and Forest.

Forest likes this.
  5. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Just downloaded it and used it. Good start to developing awareness of the mind-body connection. Thanks.

6. LEW

LEW Peer Supporter

I'm unable to download it. Says it is only available in Australia. Please assist. Thanks. Lynn

7. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

Yes i get that message too : not available ?

8. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

9. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

Hi all,

Just got a message that i can try out another app which should be conected to dr schechter .. not sure what to think of the message (if you are goodwilling : sorry !) is this safe and correct ?

10. jampaginny

jampaginny Newcomer

how unfortunately this app is not available in my country.

11. DocDave

DocDave TMS Physician and Author

This app was discontinued a few years ago due to technical complexity and costs. Curable has an app. I have several books, workbooks and numerous free podcasts, recording, videos available lnked at www.mindbodymedicine.com

Tinaki and Dorado like this.
  12. jampaginny

jampaginny Newcomer

thank you for your kind advice and answer, @DocDave!