1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS newbie, CFS + hand and wrist pain, looking for a chat

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by ttdsprtra, Jun 22, 2021.

1. ttdsprtra

ttdsprtra New Member

Hello everyone. First I'd like to express how grateful I am to the creators and contributors to this community. Finding out about TMS and discovering tmswiki.org has been a beacon of hope for me in these challenging times.

I've suffered from bouts of severe hand and wrist pain coupled with extreme fatigue for the 3-4 years. Until recently, I've always gone back to normal after taking a week off work, resting, and some physical therapy.

A few months ago, the hand and wrist pain came back and wouldn't go away. I've been through the typical frustrating gauntlet of doctors and there are no signs of structural abnormalities or cardiac / rheumatic / genetic disorders. I decided to start using voice control software so I can continue doing my job (I'm a software engineer) and was slowly gaining productivity, but a few weeks ago I was hit with the strongest attack of CFS-like symptoms I've experienced: insomnia, flu-like symptoms, too tired to stand or walk more than 10 minutes a day, etc. It was like my body was screaming at me to stop.

It was impossible to continue working, so I took the difficult (for me) decision to take a complete break, stumbled onto Dr. Sarno's The Mindbody Prescription, and devoured it in a few days. I'm convinced that my symptoms are the products of repressed emotions, and have decided to start Alan Gordon's Pain Recovery Program.

Since CFS symptoms are less common than musculoskeletal ones, I was wondering if people had some CFS-specific success stories to point me to. Also, would anyone with CFS symptoms who's gotten significantly better using TMS recovery techniques be willing to chat? I'd love to get some encouragement and motivation from someone with a similar experience.

Ellen and Cap'n Spanky like this.
  2. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @ttdsprtra,

A warm welcome to the forums!

Rebecca Tolin's recovery from CFS is encouraging (her story starts at circa 37.10) www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khj1MPte_IY

Beep also recovered from CFS and hand and wrist pain
    http://tmswiki.org/forum/threads/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-cured-plus-many-equivalents-alive-again.21019/ (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Cured! Plus many equivalents, alive again!)

And I think this article by Dr Schubiner is enlightening regarding why the brain creates the sensation of fatigue https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/unlearn-your-pain/201606/explaining-the-unexplainable-chronic-fatigue-syndrome (Explaining the Unexplainable: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

CFS is definitely TMS. I recovered from hand/wrist pain and on-off over the years bouts of fatigue. You are in the right place, this is a great forum for you.

Ellen, ttdsprtra and Cap'n Spanky like this.
  4. ttdsprtra

ttdsprtra New Member

Thank you both. I worked through some of the material and videos yesterday, and I was shocked at how intensely I reacted to them. I feel like the concepts are clicking. The sensory reprocessing video from day 4 of the pain recovery program had me crying from a mixture of hope, relief, and frustration that I hadn't found out about TMS sooner.

Those CFS stories were very encouraging to read @BloodMoon; thanks. I think you linked to my post instead of beep's in this one:
    Just wanted post the correct link in case someone stumbles upon this thread later: http://tmswiki.org/forum/threads/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-cured-plus-many-equivalents-alive-again.21019/ (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Cured! Plus many equivalents, alive again!)

BloodMoon likes this.
  5. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Ooops, sorry, yes, wrong link! - Thanks for pointing that out. I'm glad you found Beep's success story okay despite my error. Have now also corrected my original posting.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021