1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS vs Post surgery symptoms

Discussion in 'Mindbody Blogs (was Practitioner's Corner)' started by quasar731, Jun 1, 2012.

1. quasar731

quasar731 Well known member

If there is an MD specializing on TMS can I have some information and/or clarification to my paragraph below.

I am finding some of my experiences re: signals (pain) in some areas in my body extremely challenging and confusing. When it comes to my hips, I do not know when is TMS and when is sheer post- surgery rehab symptoms. I have a double impingement in my left hip, my operated foot has a plate and 7 screws and have a double surgery in my right hip due to a CAM impingement and a labral tear. All as a result of a major fall. Tomorrow will be 2 months ever since I had the foot and hip operations. The muscles if the hip suffered some atrophy due to the long time I was injured and was having the wrong treatment. So now I have the signals mixed up having difficulty with the hip flexors, the IT band, hamstrings and quads. Though I do Pilates twice a week, I am still having issues. I hope that the left hip impingement will settle down. If not, then I may have to undergo surgery much as my surgeon and I are trying to avoid it. Thank you.