1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Tooth Pain as TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by embodydami, Dec 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. embodydami

embodydami New Member

Long story short Ive been dealing with TMS symptoms on and off for almost 3 years now. I have had it manifest as tooth pain before and I believed it and went through cavity fillings and a root canal.. and the pain didnt stop for months. Once I realized it was TMS the pain did go away. I am now having tooth pain on the other side and I am convinced it is TMS because earlier this week I had a neck flare up that is a common symptom of my TMS as well. I didnt buy it and knew it was emotional and now im wondering if my body is trying to trick me with a different symptom. Thoughts? Where do you draw the line between believing it is just TMS and actually needed to get a physical check up?

2. drlecter

drlecter New Member

It seems TMS, I had jaw pain for weeks after workout I was convinced it was TMS and paind went away, I just ignored it. In my opinion, you could check with a doctor or dentist but always thinking is TMS. I hope u get well soon.

3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Search that on this forum and you will find a LOT of our posts about it. I had a little odyssey with it this past summer.... kept moving around.
    Sarno himself discusses that in "MindBody Prescription". He had mystery molar pain that left as soon as he made a connection. There is a nerve set to our face (trigeminal) and it is just as susceptible to TMS as our sciatic is with Back/leg pain.

Like all things it is OK to check with a DDS. I actually had a mild infection BUT Using the TMS strategy my pain was gone before I got to the dentist. Also, the mild infection was only on one side and Nowhere near where it was hurting...
    It peaked when I was around a certain person who drives me bonkers. Co-inky-dink?

SEarch TOOTH JAW and TEETH. I think one of the other TMS guru's has a little blurb on it here.

You aren't the only one

4. Pietro Carloni

Pietro Carloni Peer Supporter

Hi, I have fought with an incredible toothache in the last three months. at first they found a cavity, I underwent a root canal, but the pain increased, the dentist found a fracture of the tooth root through an X-ray and the tooth was extracted. despite the extraction (in October) the tooth continued to hurt, at that point the dentist told me that the pain was inexplicable and then I realized that it was due to the TMS. At that point I started to have pain in other teeth, but the fact that I brought everything back to TMS made the pains passive. Now I'm fine, I realized that this is a period of great emotional stress, I accepted the fact of being in difficulty and, although some problems are still unresolved (child care, family health problems, economic hardships) I have no symptoms invalidating for a couple of weeks and this is already a partial victory !!!!