1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Parts Therapy Trail heads

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

A trail head is in many ways about an issue that you can't understand or a reaction to a situation and you dont know why you react that way. Have you ever done something then you'd say to yourself I don't know why I did that, well thats a trailhead and if you follow it, it'll lead you to the part that you would probably otherwise not know is there.

Example- Say you got mad at your boss because you thought he was being a bully over you. In reality this wasnt your bosses intention, but you perceived it as such. When you got home you decided to follow this issue and find out why you reacted the way you did. Then you found out by following the trailhead that you got mad at your boss because he sounded like your father when you were just a kid and he yelled at you. A total mis-perceived perception of what was really happening huh.

This is why when we have outburst of anger or do things out of the blue for no apparent reason we can follow this out of control issue to the parts that need work - in ifs we call these issues trailheads.

Some of us say well I know I want to do that but a part of me doesn't want to do it, well thats a part and you can follow that part and ask it to step aside so you can get to self that will help you come to the positive intent of the part but a trailhead is a burst out of no where. You knew you had a part that didn't want to go swimming but often trailheads will pop up out of nowhere and "you'll be like what just happened".

Well if you follow that issue it will lead you back to a part so you can start to understand why you had the uncontrolled issue to start with.

One of Jay Earlys trailheads is shyness in a group of large people. Another trailhead could be a feeling that you can't choose one way or another without feeling like you let someone down. This will make you feel bad and confused but if you follow this trailhead you'll know what parts to work on.

A trailhead will expose the parts you need to work on. A trail head is an experience or difficulty in your life that will lead you to interesting parts if you follow it. It can be a situation or person that you react to. An emotional or bodily experience. A pattern of behaviour or thinking or anything else that indicates parts to explore.

A trail head is a beginning of a trail that will lead to healing. It usually involves a life situation and your response to that situation. A trail head indicates the existence of a part or parts in an extreme role or behaviour or emotional reaction in a problematic situation.

Gracia111 likes this.