1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Ulcer symptoms - Update

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jules, Sep 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jules

Jules Well known member

Okay guys,

I’ve been off here a while, enjoying summer and building our new decks and landscaping our back yard. For the most part, it’s been good. I liked having the energy and strength to do so much. Now that the decks are finished, we are having a huge Labor Day party today! Aaaaaannnnd, my stomach is going crazy. Go. Figure.

So, just to fill you in: for the last number of weeks, I’ve had the symptoms of an ulcer so went to the doctor and she told me that I indeed do have one. (although, I was scoped last year for the same symptoms, hmmmm) I figured TMS was piggybacking off this ulcer and keeping me very distracted on it. I decided to just do aloe vera juice every day to heal it, instead of the other meds that have side effects. But, I’ve noticed that any time stress builds up, my symptoms get worse. I have tried several things to get it under control, but I won’t lie that I’ve been worried. The symptoms have caused nausea, heartburn, bowel issues, pain, and of course, anxiety. I listen to hypnotherapy nearly every night and meditate before going to sleep, as well as journalspeak, but alas, I keep getting worse.

I don’t have bleeding, so that’s good, but every time I eat anything fatty, fried, spicy, etc. I pay for it. I’ve had to take off at least a few days a month because of loose bowels and nausea. (IBS) I can’t keep doing this. I’m also dealing with menopause and doc thinks the two could be related. Could the “ulcer” be because of the stress of building the decks and working both inside and outside all summer and now that it’s done (and beautiful btw) I worry about the outcome? I have a real problem with control.

Also, and this is weird, I admit, but during building the deck, my hubby cut himself and instead of leaving the scene and getting treatment, he let his hand bleed onto our siding and never cleaned it up!! On top of that, two years ago, we painted out old deck on a windy day with spray paint (stupid, I know) and that paint splashed onto our siding as well. Nothing got done to clean it up. So now, with two beautiful new decks, we have blood and spray paint on our siding, which is VERY visible!! It looks like a damn crime scene!! I begged mu husband to take care of it, but he just let it go to finish the decks. It looks horrible, so of course, I worry what people will think. I told him I felt like putting up police tape and writing on a poster the words, “Enter at your own risk,” or something. It may be a funny image but I really worry about what people will think!

So, I know that is affecting my anxiety and stomach issues and it’s back to TMS work. My therapist said something that made me think and was wondering what you all think. When my symptoms come on, whether they’re new or old, it always stays for 6 months, since I started TMS work. I went back through all my posts here and in my journal and noticed that after 6 months, I typically heal from some “malady,” and then something else comes up for another
    6 months! WTH??

@plum @Alan Gordon LCSW @JanAtheCPA

TIA.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

This doesn't surprise me at all, Jules - I feel like my lifetime of symptoms coming and going occurred on a semi-regular basis as well. Except when I would be worried enough to see a doctor, who would tell me I was perfectly healthy outside of anxiety, and the symptom would immediately go away. To be replaced, sometime later, by something else.

The podcasts I'm recommending right now both address the issue of being stuck, and of letting go. Perhaps "letting go" is what you're unconsciously doing on a 6-month cycle? Anyway, these are awesome, if not required, podcasts for anyone who is stuck:

The Mind & Fitness Podcast episode #85 (Aug 28) with Dr. Schubiner
    The Cure For Chronic Pain with Nicole Sachs, LCSW episode #45 (today) with Dan Buglio.

Sammie likes this.
  3. Kozas

Kozas Well known member

Actually when it comes to ulcers, Sarno(if I remember correctly) said/wrote at least few times that nowadays ulcers are less common because of changing beliefs about it in medical world and society at large. Instead of it we have epidemic of back pain... at least in USA! In my country doctors after accidents/injuries usually say that your back will be fine(maybe just rest for a few days) and I don't know many people with back pain. On the other hand I know plenty of people with ulcers/ibs symptoms. I'm 100% sure it's TMS equivalent. Maybe meditating and visualising your stomach as healthy and fully functional would be benefiting? Surely, not thinking about pain would be best but I know it's not that easy! :D I agree with JanAtheCPA about podcasts, especially one with Nicole Sachs was beneficial for me. We have to let go, and be patience. I think that while our conscious minds look on time like it's linear thing(which is important, because without it we couldn't advance our technology and society) but subconscious doesn't look on time like that. That's maybe why people have such various recovery time. Some people recover after days, some after years. Most important is that in the end it is working.

JanAtheCPA likes this.