1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Visualization

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by subtlecollision2, Oct 12, 2021.

1. subtlecollision2

subtlecollision2 Peer Supporter

Has anyone had luck with visualization as a complement to TMS work? It's never seemed to work for me really.

Just wondering what y'all think!

2. Sita

Sita Well known member

I used it in the past. To calm down mentally. When I was in severe pain (lower back pain) but had to drive...I would take 5 min just before leaving the house...to sit in the meditation posture and do a visualization exercise. You breathe in and out and visualize yourself being in the most secure, happy, serene place that you prefer. Might be a garden, or a room, or near a lake, or anything like that. You ARE there for a few minutes. Breathing in and out. You see yourself there, smell the grass or flowers, see the sky, feel the wind etc. Then I would get up and go out the door and drive in a more calm state of mind with less pain in the body. It worked for me every single time.

I never thought to do or not do this exercise, I just did it. If you start thinking about it, you might find excuses not do do it. Better to just start doing it and then see the results.

A psychotherapist helped me with this method. We practiced in her office twice so that I understood the concept and then was able to practice at home, alone. I truly recommend you give it a try.

Take care.

BloodMoon and hawaii_five0 like this.