1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

wacky symptom helps belief

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Lizzy, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Hi everyone!
    A few days ago a family friend died. When I had a lot of symptoms for a couple of days I wasn't surprised or worried.

One symptom was odd though. When I went to bed it felt like my matress had a trough, or was a canoe made of a dug out tree. Very pronounced. I laughed and marveled at our brains! You see, about 18 mo. ago I told my husband we needed a new matress, as my side was like sleeping in a trough. Before we did anything about it the sensation went away and I forgot all about it! Good thing it didn't last, what a waste if we had bought a new matress! Also, I am very glad the sensation didn't last.

I am amazed by the stories here, and encouraged by so many getting well!

IrishSceptic and Cap'n Spanky like this.
  2. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Know exactly what you mean, Lizzy. I've been looking at the possibility of a new job. Lot's of anxiety running through my mind (and body). I've had all kinds of symptoms. I was dizzy the other night.

It's cool when you've been around here long enough and you experience those times when correlation between your health problems and highly-charged emotions is so obvious. It happens to me all the time now and helps re-affirm my belief in TMS.

PS: Sorry for the loss of your friend!! :(

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Lizzy. That mattress trough must be still somewhere in your mind.
    I would laugh at it. Like laughing at the boogie-man.

4. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Cap'n Spanky, it is cool when we how the mind has tipped its hand, so to speak! I am full of hope most of the time, and it is so great.
    Thanks for your condolances, I appreciate it.

5. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Walt, your probably right! Having a trough in my head made me laugh! But its true, isn't it? Thanks!
    I have appreciated your advice that people laugh even when we don't feel like it. My husband told me years ago to look where I wanted to go, while skiing, driving etc. because that is where I would end up. Now I want to "end up" in a happy, uplifting place. Thanks!