1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Wayne Dyer

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mbo, Aug 3, 2022.

1. mbo

mbo Well known member

I wonder which is the role the famous book YOUR ERRONEOUS ZONES
    by Wayne Dyer could play in overcoming TMS issues

Thanks!
    M

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I've heard of him and that book, nothing more. However I've always thought that any resource which allows us to get know ourselves with honesty, and to understand and accept our relationships in this world, is of value. The thing about humans is that wildly different approaches speak to wildly different folks. Aka, "whatever works!"

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  3. Booble

Booble Well known member

There were a lot of great personal and professional development speakers from the mid 1980s!
    I wasn't keen on Wayne Dyer, but I surely wore out my cassette tapes from Brian Tracy's Psychology of Achievement from listening to every tape so many times. I think I must have memorized nearly all of it as I still find myself repeating phrases from it 35+ years later.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  4. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

i love wayne dyer. he was my entree into the world of new age self help realization material. i don’t know if i would have accepted sarno’s ideas so easily if i hadn’t already been primed by reading Dyer’s early works.

Cap'n Spanky, JanAtheCPA and Booble like this.
  5. Booble

Booble Well known member

I hear you on that. Having some foundation and understanding of various related concepts helps you get to that lightbulb "aha!" moment.

Cap'n Spanky and JanAtheCPA like this.
  6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Me too - in my case it was doctors who were willing to say "there's nothing wrong with you except too much anxiety" and encouraging me to find ways to de-stress. I also always experienced relief from the symptom-of-the-moment upon hearing this, which also influenced my outlook, and led early on to taking responsibility for my health, and developing a strong belief in self-healing. Dr Sarno added the final essential pieces to the puzzle.

Booble likes this.
  7. Booble

Booble Well known member

Same here, Jan. I always found that a kind doctor telling you that there is nothing wrong with you does wonders.
    A few years back when I was not able to shake a virus I had a doctor said to me, "I think you feel, worse than you are." That really hit the nail on the head for me. He wasn't diminishing the fact that I did in fact feel bad, but he was also letting me know that physically speaking there was nothing acutely dangerous causing it.

JanAtheCPA likes this.