1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 18 What emotions are most prevalent in your journal entries?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ttdsprtra, Aug 7, 2021.

1. ttdsprtra

ttdsprtra New Member

I've realized that by far the most prevalent emotion is anger. Growing up in an extremely religious family, I have been taught that anger is sinful, so I learned to repress it well at an early age and have been for so long.

The second most prevalent emotion is fear, which I repress because of the toxic image of the fearless macho man common in my culture. Interestingly, I've realized that I quickly become angry at myself for feeling fear, so my fear often gets converted into anger.

Discovering these emotions has been like looking at a seemingly quiet garden and realizing how full of life it actually is. I'm thankful for the deep insight into my emotions that the program has given me, and can already feel the change in my relationship to these previously "forbidden" emotions.

ChronicVince and JanAtheCPA like this.