1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 22 What helped me the most

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DontStopBelieving, Jun 13, 2017.

1. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

Just finding this forum and the number of people who had had experience with TMS. That helped me so much, I can't thank all the kind people here enough. For taking the time and replying to my posts or giving advice. The SEP program offered a way of journaling that includes dialoguing, that allowed me to at least have an imaginary conversation with people and tell them exactly what I think in a way that wouldn't be accepted socially and by this I don't mean coursing or mean language. I mean speaking to clients honestly, telling my boss the opinion I had to repress, telling one of my closest friends that I feel like I have changed too much to be the same friend from always as expected. And that I'm bored.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Looks like journaling is really working for you. You got a lot off your mind with some people important in your life. I know what you mean about being bored. I love my relatives but most of them bore me terribly. They are boring people
    with boring lives. Fortunately, I have a few friends who do not bore me, and I really enjoy having meaningful conversations with them. The others seem to live with dumb television and pop culture. I am 87 and live alone and don't mind it at all or feel lonely or bored.

3. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

You know I used to feel bad when I thought they were boring, but my life has such a different pace, I can't help it but feel bored around them. And I have outgrown most of them: another side effect of the way things developed in my life. Being on my own is such a bliss sometimes, allows to be myself and stop pretending.