1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

What to do when in a cute back pain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Zuz, May 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Zuz

Zuz Peer Supporter

What are you supposed to do when the back blocks intensely?
    i have been reading and trying the TmS approach since ten days. I have bad back pain almost continuously for 21 years and from time to time, I get a half day free of pain. Every few weeks/months, I get acute bad back pain to the point of not being able to move for a few days
    So I blocked again ten days ago and in four days I was doing better and, perhaps I overdid the walks and activities but it got worse, and yesterday i completely blocked again :(. The pain was too much so I took some not very strong advil. I am resting, learning to meditate etc.
    What are you suppose to do? I clearly cannot go about my activities the pain is 10/10. So is taking a bit of medication a d resting the normal thing and then you work on the TMS? I am mixed up because I wonder if osteopath or something like this will help or not because too much attention to the pain? But the pain anyway have lots of attention at this strength.
    I am getting better at seeing that bad news gets me in acute pain but fear is the chronic pain.
    My little voice inside tells me to treat the acute pain as physical and psychological amd the chronic as tms not structural. Does that make sense?
    I am trying to remember what was written in drSarnio book ( I read it three times and gave it back to my osteopath who lends it to her patients) but don’t remember.

thank you!

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Dr Sarno said "during an acute attack, take a painkiller, relax and don't expect it to last too long"

Buy a copy. It's like 12 bucks or something.

3. Zuz

Zuz Peer Supporter

Thank you :)!! Phew ! I was of course worried that I did not do the right thing. Before getting worse it DID get better and sooner then usual so my hopes are high.
    Yes I will probably order it, I a just discovering other books to add to the order online. I thought reading it three times in the last month was enough but no hahaha