1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

when the pain has gone...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by allinthemind, Mar 6, 2016.

1. allinthemind

allinthemind Peer Supporter

Hi all,
    Just thought id share some thoughts I've been having, I am still very early in my recovery and a long way from being pain free.

Am I right in the understanding that something is not right in myself, there is inner conflict so I feel pain but if I don't focus on the pain the pain may cease. But what if the inner conflict is still there but my ability to ignore the 'symptom imperative' pain signals have been honed and the TMS is still lurking waiting to cause serious illness or the fact that the pain has gone means there is no conflict.

That does sound like I am fearful of TMS which I know is one of the problems but I am not fearful, just some thoughts that I have had of late.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi allinthemind,

I would not worry too much about this, respectfully. You're working this in yourself, you'll likely get pain relief, and there will be insights along the way. If in the future, you have more symptoms, you will probably have to go a "little deeper." But that does mean this will happen, or that there is any lingering scary damage going on in the meantime, if you don't have symptoms, in my opinion.

The Sarno approach is a sort of 'shotgun' approach, and each person finds specific things that seem to work. Sometimes it is the symptom imperative, as you are practicing; sometimes it is doing deep inner work. I don't think it is possible to know how this will unfold for you, nor is it really worth worrying about. The human being moves toward integration and self-understanding, as a rule. I expect you will do this too!

Andy B

3. allinthemind

allinthemind Peer Supporter

Thx for reading Andy B.