1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

where to i even start

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by tstlondon, Dec 5, 2018.

1. tstlondon

tstlondon Newcomer

In all over body pain for many years rheumatologist thinks fibromyalga, psoriatic arthiritis (blood tests, MRIs, etc, all clear). I discovered TMS this morning in an instagram post, I read as much as I could about it and ordered some books, I've been on the verge of tears all day, pain is really going for it today and I feel very anxious (almost to the point of panic attack and not had one of those since I was 19 (now 51)) just reading about it all - I feel so very emotional and I don't even know why, but it all resonates so badly with me and I'm really quite scared and overwhelmed how could I even begin to open up and acknowledge what is deep inside me, it is a monster(s) I am not sure I can face. Where do I even start?

2. Coffeeplease

Coffeeplease Peer Supporter

It is very overwhelming and scary! Start with the TMS Wiki page....

The emotions and fear may be driving your symptoms. I was diagnosed with arthritis, sciatica, and psoriasis. I first found Steve Ozanich's book, The Great Pain Deception and am currently reading Hope and Help for Your Nerves by Dr. Claire Weeks. Once I've gotten through both of those I will read Dr. Sarno's Healing Back Pain.

Just know that you are not alone and there is a lot of wonderful information here and very supportive people. For years I've been brainwashed into thinking my psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder, reconditioning my thinking around that is going to take time. Don't give up, keep practicing what you learn, recondition your thinking surrounding pain. There is hope and healing out there for you....

3. Islander

Islander Peer Supporter

How are you doing now?