1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Wise words from my boyhood heros

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Richsimm22, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! -
    Sylvester Stallone

2. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

such a coincidence I am listening to the same words of Sylvester Stallone when ever I need some motivation

@1.34

@4.26
    Very often you getting what you are asking for. You are not aware of how general you are asking. ...clarity is power. The more clear you are about exactly what do you want the more your brain knows how to get there.. your brain is survival mechanism

This video is full of TMS knowledge. ..infact many ppl speak the concepts of TMS but they are not aware..

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    Richsimm22 likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Arnold and Sylvester both give good advice about the mind's role in our health.
    I use the example of Christopher Reeve who played Superman in the movies. He fell off a horse and broke his neck which left my a quadraplegic.
    But he focused his mind on healing and it made him a courageous inspiration to those in pain of any kind.

On the other hand, George Reeves, who played Superman earlier, on television, took his own life because he was no longer considered an actor for other roles. Too bad he gave up. He could also have been a big inspiration to others.

I consider every soldier who has suffered a physical or emotional problem from war to be a hero and an inspiration. I watched a Youtube documentary a few nights ago on the shrine of Lourdes and the annual pilgrimage of wounded worriers who go there for a special military gathering. They are from many countries who were at war with each other, but they have found either physical or emotional peace there. They are also an inspiration to anyone in pain.